Because in a regular game...
- Players will have the puck on their stick for an average of 8 seconds per game.
- Players will take an average of 1-2 shots per game.
- Players will take an average of 18 shifts per game.
- 99% of the feedback coaches give players is when they have the puck. Ironically, players only have the puck on their stick for 0.2% of the game.
If asked most players will say the best part about hockey is scoring goals, handling the puck, passing and skating. We know that players are more active, have the puck on their stick more often, take more shots, and give more passes during practice than during a game. Therefore, with properly structured practices it all adds up to more fun for the ones that count - THE PLAYERS.
- Players will have the puck on their stick for 80% of the time
- Players will take an average of 100-200 shots each session
- Players will play/train the whole time
- Players get feedback the whole session